🌟 Today, we're unveiling the art of crafting Everything-Crusted Ahi Tuna, with a unique twist that'll surprise your taste buds. 😋
- 1 block of firm watermelon, cut into thick rectangular slices
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup of dried minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce or tamari for dipping
- Fresh cilantro or microgreens for garnish
1. Combine sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, sea salt, black sesame seeds, and white sesame seeds in a shallow dish.
2. Gently press each watermelon slice into the seed mixture, coating all sides to mimic the texture of ahi tuna.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and lightly toast each side of your "tuna" for about 1 minute to develop a hint of smokiness and caramelization.
4. Arrange the everything-crusted watermelon slices on a plate, garnish with fresh cilantro or microgreens, and serve with soy sauce or tamari for dipping. For an extra special touch, I enjoy making a yuzu ponzu vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Follow us and you just might get the recipe 😋.
Indulge in the flavors and textures of this plant-based masterpiece that will make you rethink what's possible in the world of vegan cuisine. 🍉
✨Share your plant based culinary adventures with us and tag us @TheSweetBotanist and @PlantFoodieConsulting for a chance win a $25 gift card and be featured on our social media!