Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? As a vegan, you can veganize all your holiday favorites and indulge in the nostalgia of festive flavors. In fact, you might even say we're the ultimate holiday "reindeer," turning classics into delicious vegan creations. So, let's whip up a crowd-pleasing vegan holiday dessert that'll have everyone craving more:
Festive Plant Based Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups vegan graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for 2 hours)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch pie dish.
2. In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted vegan butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pie dish to create a crust.
3. In a blender, combine pumpkin puree, soaked cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour the pumpkin cheesecake mixture over the crust and smooth the top.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the edges are set, and the center is slightly wobbly.
6. Allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight) to set.
7. Serve chilled, garnished with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of extra pumpkin spice.
This delightful Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake is the ultimate vegan holiday treat, sure to bring a smile to your face and warmth to your heart. So, go ahead, have your cake, and eat it too, with a touch of holiday nostalgia and a dash of humor, because vegan desserts are where the magic happens!